Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Labor of Love…

Maggie's started to develop another eye infection and her yeast infection on her neck and chest is trying to make a comeback as well. I got the bright idea that I would just call Dr. Thomas instead of taking Maggie out to the Vet for a visit. I got a Vet technician on the phone and explained the situation and the problem.

“It is just sheer torture to Maggie to take her out there for a visit and I am not up to the task as well,” I explained to her. “Can y’all prescribe me some antibiotics and I come out and pick them up?”

She said she would talk to Dr. Thomas and would call me back. Well, about 30 minutes later she called me back and said they had a bottle of antibiotics for Maggie and some antimicrobial shampoo for me to pick up. I had never been so relieved in my life. You should have heard me sigh with relief. I quickly drove out to the clinic which is not far from my house and Dr. Thomas was at the door waiting on me when I arrived.

“If it gets worse, you are going to have to bring her in,” he told me after I once again described the problem.

Bless Maggie’s heart. She just couldn’t take all of that. I profusely thanked Dr. Thomas for helping me out and for being so accommodating. He has often said we are some of his best patients. Now, it is time for the hard part. Getting these pills down Maggie’s throat. She will pout with me for hours after I give her one. I am going to have to do it Martha style who was the master at giving our pets their medications. She could do it lightning quick down the old gullet before our pets knew what hit them. 

No Mas Food…

Old Fuss and Feathers leaves for a beach trip tomorrow morning. He won’t be back until Saturday week. I will be in the capable hands of mein Charlie. I had to strike while the iron was hot. I didn’t buy enough groceries and called him and told him. He didn’t sound very happy.

“I’ll come over to your house around one and then we will go to the grocery store,” he said. “I have to get my hair cut at noon.”

At least he was dressed and out and about. I reminded him that this is an extremely rare and odd occurrence and he sounded a little better after that. I knew I should have spent more than $62 dollars. I was impetuous and trying to get out of the grocery store as fast as possible and make it home. It is one of my least favorite tasks.

Addendum:

Papa and cousin Johnny are going to buy me groceries as we speak. It will be interesting to see what they buy me when they return. My nerves are bad today and I just couldn’t go. I am having one of my off days.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You know your father will buy a lot of frozen dinners..