Saturday, July 28, 2018

Like Pack Mules…

Dad and I like to watch all the cooking shows on Georgia Public Broadcasting every Saturday. I had just asked about Charlie when he called as we were sitting in the den.

“Would y’all mind help me move some stuff?” he asked.

“We can give you a hand,” I said.

Dad got dressed and I drove over to the Charlie’s house by my father’s house. Dad soon walked over. Charlie pulled into the driveway in the white truck with just a shitload of furniture and stuff to unload. I moaned. It was already 90° degrees outside. I had to think of all the things Charlie has done for me over the years.

Dad and I both got busy unloading as Charlie directed us on where to put everything.  

“I know I am a hoarder,” Charlie said laughing nervously.

By this time, I was winded and Charlie then announced we need to load things back onto the truck to carry to his new house. We got ‘er done and soon we were all on our respective ways. I was just soaking wet with sweat and immediately took a shower and changed clothes when I got home.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

That’s odd..my cable box doesn’t have an off switch. Everything is done with the remote

glittermom said...

Sometime it’s hard to get a post on your blog. You get pictures to click on all with cars or street signs, etc. pictures are hard to see. Doesn’t always ask for that. It’s annoying.

diana said...

Mine too glittermom. One click of the remote and everything comes on.