Saturday, July 21, 2018

A Train Roars Through Downtown…

Which always coincides with inclement weather. We’re under a severe thunderstorm warning and it is really pouring outside. I have never seen it get so dark this time of the morning. All the street lights have come back on. I had to turn on a lamp here in the den to see. The unlucky or hapless few on the roads have their headlights on brightly. I am just praying the power doesn’t go out. My iPod is kaput and I wouldn’t have anyway of listening to music. Strangely, the weather doesn’t bother Maggie. She is sound asleep on the couch as the wind roars outside our windows and the lightning strikes and thunder rolls.

Charlie woke me up at 7:30 AM with breakfast this morning. I relished the diet Coke and Maggie ate the two sausage biscuits. Charlie has taken real good care of me while my father has been away. He has truly spoiled me rotten with all these diet Cokes I so enjoy.

Johnny Otis should be back in town this afternoon. I am very, very eager to get to see him. Despite all his misgivings, he is still my father. He seems like he has been gone an eternity. I am ready to settle back into our old routines. I am also proud to instill in him some confidence that things don’t get helter skelter when he is gone such as me getting off kilter and not taking my medications.

No comments: