Sunday, July 15, 2018

A Golden Heart…

Charlie told me I was his priority number one tonight when he stopped by with our Sunday KFC supper. I told him to quit carrying on so with a bashful grin. That chicken pot pit he brought hit the spot and I called him back after he left and told him thanks for supper – that I really appreciated him. Charlie had spent the afternoon trimming the bowling alley’s hedge and shrubbery. Something he does for free because the bowling alley is so accommodating to Horsefly.  I told him to come get me next time and I would help him.

“What time do you want to go get groceries tomorrow night?” Charlie asked me before he left.

“Dad and I always go about nine,” I told him.

“Then nine it is,” Charlie replied. “You go on up there at nine and get started. I will be along shortly.”

I am looking forward to grocery shopping tomorrow night. I am out of my whole grain and cheddar crackers I so love. I am going to try and stay away from the Hostess powdered donuts, though. I can’t resist them if they are in the house.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Those donuts are the devil! Love them! Ha!

I think canned dog food is a great idea for Maggie!

Sharyn said...

I think it's great you are getting out more!