Monday, July 23, 2018

The Sky’s the Limit…

I managed to spend $125 dollars tonight grocery shopping! I think that is the most I’ve ever spent at Kroger. My father didn’t say a word and I kept my mouth shut as well. I had told him it might be high tonight as I needed laundry detergent pods and fabric softener. The laundry detergent alone was $11.99.

As we walked out into the parking lot, I was telling my father of this strange black fellow who was just wandering the store and talking up a storm. He wasn’t purchasing anything.

“He probably had one of those Bluetooth cellphone ear pieces,” my father said.

“I looked and I didn’t see any,” I replied.

“Then he sounds like a good candidate for the injection you’re getting in the morning,” my father said as we both chuckled quite a bit.

“Call me at eight in the morning!” was the last thing I told my father and I drove home to start the laborious task of unloading and putting away my groceries.

Laura, Laura, Laura…

Laura texted me today and asked me if I was mad at her – that she hadn’t heard from me in several days. I told her that I sent some texts, but she said she didn’t get them. I was so relieved when things were okay with us. I’ve grown quite fond of her these past few weeks we have been chatting. Now, if I can just remember how to get back to her parent’s house in LaGrange, then we will be in business. We both want to go grab some Chinese with her schedule permitting. We used to eat out once a week together several years ago, but lost touch when she left to live with that Wayne guy in Statesboro.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I told you not to give up! Hope you’ve found a friend.

Sharyn said...

I thought it was the same girl! Did she grow up?