Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Andrew? Come On Back!

Crying-school-kids1“Those are the best words in the world,” I told my nurse, Rebecca, this morning with a big Cheshire grin.

She replied that I made her feel good – that it seems she is making a difference in my life.

“And you are!” I told her. “Without this injection I couldn’t function like a normal human being.”

Small talk today was about her kids going back to school in two weeks.

“They shorten summer for kids every year!” I exclaimed exasperated. “Kids need to be playing in the yard and not sitting still for hours in stuffy school rooms.”

You could tell Rebecca was biting her tongue – probably ready for the kids to go back and give her a break from finding childcare during the day when she and her husband were at work.

“You’re all done,” Rebecca then told me of my injection.

“I didn’t even feel it,” I told her and she said I made her feel good again.

Old Fuss and Feathers was waiting on me when I arrived back at the pharmacy. I handed him my next appointment card, grabbed two diet Cokes from the cooler, and told everyone goodbye. 

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

At one time, the year round school was going to be the model. Kids spend 2 months relearning what they forgot over the summer. Year round would take care of that and the summer day care problem. I wonder why it didn't fly? But it might have been during that whole Carter admin with the metric system too! LOL