Monday, July 02, 2018

Spaghetti Galore!

the-best-spaghetti-bologneseI managed to spend $72 dollars tonight. I thought I did pretty well with what I got. I got enough fixins to make spaghetti twice this week. I am just in the mood for it. Comfort food, ya know? I also got some Greek yogurt which I have never tried. I was trying to find a healthy snack with less calories. The Qui yogurt was great, but it was very expensive, in cumbersome glass, and you didn’t get much of a portion.

I will have a heaping plate of barbecue pork and all the holiday fixins brought to me on Wednesday night. I am looking forward to that. That will be the extent of my fourth of July plans and festivities.

“You’ve about got that car looking brand new,” Old Fuss and Feathers said tonight as we both loaded up our groceries into our cars. “Charlie said you would take good care of that car.”

“It is the closet thing I will get to a new car for possibly years and years,” I told my father while giving thanks. “I better appreciate it and make the best of it while I can.”

I told him of my grand aspirations to put new sporty looking and shiny new wheels on it and tinting the windows.

“Oh, and I want to add a tasteful spoiler on the tail as well,” I added.

I shut the trunk, buckled up, and headed home as soon as I was sure my father was cranked and rolling.

I feel I am cycling again as I periodically do. I am staying up later and later every night. Right now I am going to bed at midnight and waking up around nine in the morning. For months, I went to bed at eleven and woke up at eight or nine.

No comments: