Friday, July 20, 2018

McDonald’s Courier…

The urge to shake the dew off my lily woke me up at 8:30 AM this morning. I stayed on up knowing Charlie was coming. Within moments, like clockwork, there was a knock on the door. Charlie had brought breakfast. I had never seen Maggie fawn upon Charlie so much.

“Does she still bury the biscuits?” Charlie asked chuckling.

“God yes!” I said with a laugh. “She will eat the sausage, though.”

“Well, whatever makes her happy,” Charlie replied with another chuckle.

Charlie brought me a giant diet Coke which didn’t last very long. I was so very thirsty this morning. Diet Coke is sublime with a cigarette or two or three. Some smokers would say the same about their morning cup of coffee.

Maggie got both sausage biscuits while I munched on a pack of whole grain and cheddar crackers. She’s already buried three biscuit halves with one more to go. She looks pooped out now, though, sprawled upon the hardwood floor on her side. Burying biscuits must be tiresome work.

No comments: