Saturday, July 07, 2018

Tangy Chicken and a Tussle…

I got in a little bit of trouble tonight. It seems I am a branded a spendthrift. Dad says I am spending money right and left after I went back to Kroger and picked up some chicken breasts and frozen broccoli for supper. I baked them with some lemony tangy chicken seasoning and steamed the broccoli.

“You don’t have a lot of money,” dad berated me over the phone. “You can’t keep spending like this.”

I was trying to think of something less calorie ridden than the spaghetti and meat sauce I have leftover in the fridge. I’ve got to get serious about this diet. I had called him and told him of it hoping he would be happy I was trying to diet and cut my calories. His reaction took me completely off guard.

“Make you a tomato sandwich,” he said. “I gave you four tomatoes the other day from the curb market. Do you have mayonnaise and bread?”

I told him I did.

“How much did you spend on Jermaine today?” dad then asked.

“I bought a gasket, antifreeze, and some transmission fluid,” I sheepishly replied.

“I hope he pays you back which I doubt he will.”

“I’m getting off the phone now,” I told him. “You will just have to be outdone with me.”

I was starting to get mad and things were about to get really ugly. I hung up as I felt an anxiety attack coming on. I really can’t take a lot like this going on as I am fragile on these regards. I guess I have been spending too much, but my father could have handled it in a better way. Just a simple warning to spend less would have sufficed and I would have complied.  

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

You, sir, are a grown a$$ man! I thought he wanted you to take more responsibility for your own money! But I am surprised he has not created a Trust of some sort. AND if he gave you some sort of idea how much discretionary money you had each month, I am sure you could stay within a budget. You should get a set amount that you can spend on computer parts, friends, chicken and broccoli, or HOOKERS!! Geez, that would get him, wouldn't it? "Andrew you are spending too much money!" "Well, Dad, I can't help what the hookers charge!" Then everytime he gets on you about money, just shake your head and say, "Damn hookers!" and I don't think he'll question farther. Or maybe he will? LOL