Saturday, July 07, 2018

Lincoln’s Back On the Road…

Well, I got Jermaine’s replacement radiator successfully installed this morning and he paid me $90 dollars so we’re even Steven. I was expecting the worse, but it was a pretty straight forward repair. “Drop and fit” as was advertised. I swung by AutoZone when they opened and picked up several gallons of 50/50 antifreeze, a couple of quarts of transmission fluid, and headed to Jermaine’s house about nine.

transmission fluidWe have another project to tackle next weekend. His transmission fluid was brown and old when it should be a bright purple. I am going to replace his transmission fluid with fresh fluid and get that old stuff out. I swung by AutoZone again on my way home and ordered a new transmission pan gasket for a couple of dollars so we are all set as soon as AutoZone calls me when it arrives. I will most likely have to scrape the old gasket off to install the new one so I need a paint scraper as well. We’ll get that from Charlie.

29 gallon aquarium and standNow that I have that $90 back, I can now look forward to heading to Opelika to purchase my new 29 gallon aquarium and stand. Old Fuss and Feathers says he is going to have to go with me and pay for it out of my computer parts money I have saved up. When will I ever get Johnny Otis to Walmart, though? And down in Opelika at that? Our Walmart doesn’t have it in stock and I shan’t dare have an aquarium delivered. It will most likely come cracked or broken as they aren’t packaged well for shipping – just a couple of pieces of Styrofoam on the edges.

1 comment:

diana said...

You can have it delivered to your local Walmart and pic it up there.
I believe that service is offered free.