Tuesday, July 24, 2018

This and That…

  • Charlie brought by more Chick-Fil-A sandwiches again this evening. I don’t know how I am ever going to lose much weight if this keeps up. I am thankful for Charlie. It is just that I can’t resist eating them and they are very, very fattening.
  • Yesterday, someone left some puppies in a cardboard box by the gate when I arrived at the Humane Society at eight. Thankfully, they had been weaned and were eating dry food. Just part of the job is what Mrs. Barbara said. We would have been in a mess if we had to bottle feed seven puppies.
  • Chatting with Laura is downright awkward. There are lots of long pauses that make me uncomfortable. I soldier on, though. There was a long pause tonight and I just exited Facebook and went about my merry way.
  • My shot kicked in late this afternoon making me extremely drowsy. I am having to fight taking a nap so I will sleep tonight. 
  • I quickly lost interest in aquariums as they are so expensive. It would be November before I had a planted tank up and running with the proper gear. I am going to use my $300 dollars at the first of the month to order computer parts. I am getting a new wireless network adapter, sound card, Blu-Ray drive and other odds and ends to upgrade the computer in the den.
  • Old Fuss and Feathers had to work 10 hours today. I am wondering if he is going to stop by tonight and see Maggie and I. I’ve already been straightening the house up some in preparation.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Even if you just toss half the bun you will save calories. Maybe chuck the whole bun and break up the patty and put it on lettuce? But not iceberg lettuce. It has no nutritional value and if you're going to eat greens, they should have vitamins.

Mikey was bottle fed for a while when he was born. He was one of 7 and his mom couldn't feed everyone.

Aquariums can be expensive. See the TV show, Tanked, I think it is. It's about a guy who designs top end systems. Fascinating! They are also a lot of work.

As for those pauses...That is why I don't speak to anyone. I just don't know what to do when the conversation lags!