Thursday, July 19, 2018

Two Steps Forward and One Step Back…

I was just going to eat a simple pack of crackers for supper last night, but hunger got the best of me. I was just ravishingly hungry having only eaten a meager amount during the day. I got in the kitchen and stir-fried some Chinese noodles, garlic, soy sauce, mushrooms, carrots, and shrimp. The smells drifting into the den about drove Maggie crazy and she got underfoot while I was cooking. The whole house smelled like a Chinese restaurant.

I ate my fill totally blowing my diet to pieces last night. I was like a pill bug about to pop. Maggie was begging in earnest so I put the leftovers on the floor and she wolfed them down. It was her first meal in three days. She outwilled me. I was tired of worrying about it and I went to bed without a guilty conscience. “Shit happens,” is what I muttered to myself as I climbed into my warm and inviting covers in an otherwise chilly house. 

Charlie called me at 7 PM as he was leaving Dadeville this evening.

“I am running late. I’ve got to run by Lowes in Opelika, but I going to get you two large diet Cokes from McDonald’s when I get back in the Valley,” he told me.

Charlie brought the Cokes a lot earlier than I expected. He caught Maggie and I both off-guard. Maggie squealed with glee when he knocked on the front door. Maggie saw those McDonald’s Cokes and thought it was biscuit time. She whined and whined and Charlie said he would bring her two sausage biscuits in the morning.

I did well today with my diet. I forth went breakfast, had a PB&J sandwich and baked Lay’s potato chips for lunch, and ate a Turkey meatloaf and herb roasted potatoes Marie Calendar’s Delights meal for supper. The turkey meatloaf, despite sounding repulsive, was quite tasty with a roasted red pepper sauce. There was also a serving of turnip greens with the meal simply called a serving of “greens” on the box.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

I am concerned about this diet you are on...seems to me that there is NO WAY you are eating enough to feed a titmouse or getting any where near the nutrition you need. please be careful and look into a more nutritious way to lose the weight