Thursday, July 05, 2018

Moments of Bliss…

shaved turkeyMaggie was very vocally letting it be known to me that she was hungry tonight. I went into my humble kitchen and fixed a bowl of her favorite dogfood: Purina One freeze dried venison and turkey. I set it down on the den floor and Maggie took a sniff and then looked up at me with her sad puppy dog eyes. It melted my heart. This was not suitable she seemed to imply. She looked so disappointed.

Plan B was to go back into the kitchen and put half a pound of shaved deli turkey on a plate. I microwaved it until it was just barely warm. I walked into the den and gently put it on the floor. Maggie sniffed it and looked at me with bright eyes like you’ve got to be shitting me! Maggie ate all one half pound of that turkey. She’s a happy dog right now. We’re crashed out on the sofa looking awful sleepy and complacent. Peace in our time.

What’s weird at the moment is that it is pouring rain and there is just a tiny little blip on the radar. Almost unrecognizable. We only had a 20 percent chance of rain today. I guess I should be happy as I’ve looked at the radar all day hoping some storms would pop up.

Segue 30 minutes…

I just called my father to see if it was raining across town. He’s having a moment of bliss as well.

“I’m sitting out on the porch with my pussy listening to it rain. She’s giving me love bites,” dad said jovially. “There is a wonderfully cool breeze and the tree frogs are peeping down by the creek as well. I am in heaven right now.”

No comments: