Sunday, May 27, 2018

A Swim and a Soiree…

Dad had all the grandkids today. I drove over to his house to see them and to meet and greet. They are all growing leaps and bounds. Lilly is as tall as I am now at the tender age of 14. They were amazed at my knowledge of current video games to be a crusty 46 year old fellow.

“How you ever played Morrowind Online?” my nephew asked me.

“Yes, and I was playing Skyrim, its predecessor, this morning,” I replied.

“Cool!” he said excitedly.

They were soon all gathered around my niece's IPad Pro to watch a video of someone playing a video game.

“What would I do without Wi-Fi?” my father said quietly to me and he clasped his hands as if in prayer.

They soon left to go swimming in Pine Mountain, Georgia and I headed home. The last I looked their heads were all buried in their phones.

Charlie was the bringer of the fried chicken Sunday supper tonight.

“I’ve never seen KFC so quiet,” Charlie told me looking amazed. “Usually, it is a madhouse. I thought it was closed at first.”

Charlie didn’t stay long. Just long enough to get Maggie all excited and rambunctious. Maggie sure does love her Charlie and I do, too.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

You have the potential for Super Unc!!!