Monday, May 28, 2018

Brain Dead or Battery Dead?

Meathead Part I…

I’ve made it a point to check my brake lights when I get out of the car. Sometimes, they get stuck on and I have to pump the brake peddle to get them to go off. Well, yesterday I was complacent and forget to check them. They haven’t gotten stuck on in ages.

“Your brake lights are on,” Charlie said as he was leaving my house last night.

It was too late. The battery was dead. Charlie showed up this morning bright and early to help me jump off my battery. Within seconds we had my car running again.

“Take it for a looonnnggg drive!” Charlie told me.

The only caveat is that it was about to start pouring rain. We’ve got tropical storm Alberto visiting for a few days.

“Ah, what the hell,” I said. “We will just have to brave Mother Nature.”

And yes, it started to pour as soon as I left my neighborhood.

Meathead Part II…

Well, I left the brakes lights on again tonight and this time Old Fuss and Feathers came to my rescue.

“Are you sure you battery or alternator aren’t going out?” Papa asked.

“I’m sure,” I replied. “It is the brakes lights.”

As soon as I connected my battery to Papa’s battery, my brake lights came on and shined brightly.

“We’ve got to get that seen about,” Papa said aggravated. “We can’t keep jumping your battery off.”

1 comment:

Summer said...

Did your father give you your mother's car?