Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Groceries or No?

I am trying to decide whether to go grocery shopping tonight. I haven’t felt well today – that old mental illness gremlin in the works. I didn’t go last night because it was pouring down rain and downright dreary. I felt so uncomfortable at one point today that I broke down and cried. You know? A good cry can work wonders even for a big old husky guy like me. Maggie came rushing over to me on the couch at this event she has seldom seen. “What’s wrong?” she seemed to impart. She hasn’t left laying by my feet since late this afternoon. It’s a wonder what dogs know. 

My father is going to be very, very forceful about me going tonight. He is worried I am almost out of food. I haven’t had much of an appetite lately. I have plenty to eat except for breakfast foods – plenty of salami, cheese, and bread. I have a whole box of Lance cheese on wheat crackers that haven’t been eaten and some peanut butter with honey as well. That always tastes delicious on crackers which I have a box of Townhouse.

“We need to stay on schedule,” he will tell me. “When you get off schedule is when you get in trouble.”

I am hoping he will be tired from working 10 hours at the pharmacy and will give in easily, or he may not wish to have to go on his day off tomorrow. Who knows? I certainly want to take my nightly meds and go to bed early.

EDIT: No groceries. Dad said we will just go tomorrow night. Whew! I was sweating for a moment there not able to go. I also got invited to Janice’s birthday. We are going to the Honky Tonk tomorrow night for steaks. I will certainly think about it.

No comments: