Sunday, May 06, 2018

Why Do I Always Have to Be Tonto?

I am sitting here waiting on my father and Charlie to bring Maggie’s and my chicken pot pies. It is 8:30 PM at the moment. It can seem like an eternity until they get here. My trusty Maggie is in the window looking out for their arrival, though. I bet you twenty bucks it will be 9 PM or later when they get here. I wanted to ride along, but didn’t catch my father in time. A ride with my father and Charlie is not for sensitive ears.

Hi Ho Silver and Away!

G15022_KFC_67-breast-piece-5dfu-Enviro_1150_RGB-copy-6c88beaff315df493e99cb750db72aee2fb2e6b55f0e929a37de59f4a45eabdc

Edit: They arrived at 9 PM. Charlie immediately got in the kitchen after greeting Maggie and started to clean my stainless steel sink. My chicken pot pies were usurped by chicken breast fill up meals tonight. They were out of pot pies as they often are.

“Charlie? Hurry up! I want to eat my fried chicken while it is still hot!” my father said to Charlie from in the den.

Maggie was as happy as a baby in bathwater during all of this.

“Eat your chicken in the den and Maggie will help you!” Charlie retorted sarcastically. “I’ve got to do this one little thing for Andrew.”

Charlie loaded my dishwasher with dishes and turned it on. He then cleaned and refilled Maggie’s water bowl and they were on their way.

“Put it in the microwave dammit…..” was the last thing Charlie was saying as they shut my front door.

No comments: