Monday, May 21, 2018

Yes, I am Behind the Times…

I thought Adele’s voice would get on my nerves (I felt the same way about Norah Jones). My sister urged me last night to give her a try. I love that song He Won’t Go off her album 21. I am warming up to her. I also told my sister to check out an Icelandic band called Sigur Ros.

“Search for them in YouTube,” I said.

My sister and I have almost identical tastes in music. I got her tuned into Kenny Rankin and now she owns every album he has ever produced.

Grumpy Old Meanie…

I got caught by George heading to my car this morning.

“You must have a stereo by your porch door,” he gruffly said to me with inquisition.

“I have a computer right by that door,” I replied.

“I just hear your music from time to time,” George said.

“Why? Is it obnoxious?” I asked, wondering where this was going.

“Sometimes the bass can be kind of loud when I am out smoking a cigarette,” George told me.

My natural reaction was to get a little defensive and on guard.

“I’ll try to keep the bass down,” I replied.

I will endeavor to keep the volume down. I will admit that I can get kind of loud at times.

I then headed to Old Fuss and Feather’s house to pick up some cough syrup and cough drops. Dad is worried about my hacking cough I’ve developed the past few days. I tried to explain to him it was my smoking. I will have been smoking 30 years this year. I started when I was 16 years old.

No comments: