Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Happy Neighbors Again…

George was sitting out on his carport with nothing but a pair of shorts on. He was making use of this pleasant and mild day. It really has been a beautiful day. I had just gotten back from my father’s house to pick up some homemade egg salad.

“I can’t hear your music anymore,” George said with a grin. “Thank you. I am actually pretty hard of hearing.”

Gosh,” I thought to myself. “I must’ve been really loud.”

“Do you stay up nights?” George then asked me.

“Actually, I am sleeping from eleven to around eight or nine in the morning at the moment,” I told George.

George said he goes to bed at nine and gets up at six in the morning.

I just left it at that and didn’t ask why he wanted to know. It maybe because I keep a lamp burning in every room at night due to rat trauma.

I saw Charles, the pest control guy, at dad’s when I was over there. He was spraying the house precautionarily for bugs. I asked him to come and put out some more bait bags. He said he would gladly swing by my house the first of next week.

No comments: