Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Quiet Time and Hiding Out…

It’s traditional on my father’s day off that I call him around noon. We spend about 30 minutes laughing and talking about yesterday and today. I tried to call and he has his phone off. I got kicked straight into voicemail. I get the hint. He has to be tired after all the work he’s done lately. He basically worked 4 full 10 hour days in a row last week. I have to remind myself he’s no spring chicken anymore and must be exhausted. I will just wait until he calls me. It will itch at him to know if I have taken my noon medications.

In the meantime, I am about to take a shower and head down to the tracks for a few hours. Let’s see if a few trains will pass. It is the first day in days it is not raining buckets. We’re waterlogged here in the Chattahoochee Valley. I need to run by the river house and see how high the water is.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Do you still take Maggie on her walks? Remember how she looked forward to them? I miss routines and am having a really hard time right now finding things to fill my days. When you aren't blogging, waiting for dad, or sleeping; what the heck do you do?