Thursday, May 24, 2018

Comment Reply…

Blogger Sharyn Bellah said...

Do you still take Maggie on her walks? Remember how she looked forward to them? I miss routines and am having a really hard time right now finding things to fill my days. When you aren't blogging, waiting for dad, or sleeping; what the heck do you do?

Andrew Replies…

I have the same feeling too sometimes so you are not alone. Sometimes, I think there is no purpose to life. I would probably feel differently if I had a wife and kids to support, feed, and send to school. I’d have to leave them some sort of legacy.

Maggie and I will walk around the block once or twice a week depending on my mood. Maggie still goes bananas every time I get the leash and harness out of the closet.

I have a pretty regimented life. My big morning task is to cook Maggie and I a big, hot, stomach filling breakfast. Then I usually get a long shower. Then comes online life, computer gaming, and music time. I listen to hours of music everyday while I am on the computer. I will admit that sitting in front of the computer so much gets tiresome and old, though.

Lately, on dad’s days off, I go over about 1 PM and watch that blowhard Dr. Phil with him. He will fix us a sandwich or something similar to eat. I drive home and take a one to two hour nap in the afternoon then I get up and have more music, gaming, and computer time.

By night fall, I am worn out most nights with the effects of my heavy hitting medications from lunch starting to wane and wear off. I will feel just about exhausted. I goof off some on the computer and then see what show is on PBS that night. I play with my new tablet computer while I watch a show on Public Broadcasting. I am a sucker for a good British drama on PBS. Then I usually hit the bed around eleven.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Easy getting in a rut..when your on your own hard to find something different to do.

Sharyn said...

My main routine is bedtime. But lately that is messed up. I used to go into my bedroom and read for a while at 11pm. That became 10p and now, maybe 9:30p. I try to sleep in to 8am. Eight to 10am I spend waking up, caffeine, Facebook, a rant or two. Then it's like, 10-5p (like a job) I watch TV. After 5p, I just watch different TV. The nights Bill is home, he's tired and sleeps in his chair. That's what we're doing right now. I was very sick today which really ruined "John Wayne/James Arness Birthday Extravaganza". Bill's brother died yesterday so that's messed up. He was only 72 but with a lot of widowers, his wife died last year. So seriously bummed. Did I tell you my writer's group dropped me? For years, I have taken "classes" at Writer's Village University. They just wrote me a nice letter I didn't even finish, telling me to kiss off. I need a new routine.....