Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Dynamic Duo Ride Again…

I’ve gotten to where I call them The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

“Your daddy has had some wine!” Charlie barked at me walking in the door this evening.

“So that explains why you are driving his car,” I replied gratefully.

My father was acting all silly bantering and joking. He was feeling his oats. At least, he is a happy drunk and not a tear in your beer type of drunk.

“They only had one chicken pot pie so I got Maggie the chicken strips,” Charlie told me.

Charlie left us to go refill Maggie’s water bowl and to check for trash.

“I love you, son!” Old Fuss and Feathers then told me. “I love ya and I love ya some more.”

He embraced me in an awkward hug as I was sitting next to him. .

As soon as he finished with that outburst, he wanted me to tune the television to The Weather Channel. There may be some storms and rain headed our way south from Atlanta.

“They will fizzle out,” I said. “I would almost bet on it.”

“I got my fertilizer out and it rained!” a proud Papa said and then broke out in goofy laughter.

“We need to be smoking whatever he’s smoking,” Charlie said with a smile as he reentered the den. “Come on Johnny Otis. Let’s get you home and get some chicken in you.”


MXX_loop

No comments: