Thursday, May 10, 2018

Powdered and Placated…

maxresdefault<----- A model railroad version of a unit coal train.

The convenience store across the road was helter skelter so I parked at the railroad museum this morning. I walked over and bought a bag of Hostess powdered donuts (my new obsession), a pint of milk, and several sodas. I am working on my own donut and that’s the one around my waist. I ate the whole bag of powdered donuts sitting on my favorite bench. Dad later remarked that my donut consumption was rather obsessive. He’s been more lenient about what I can buy lately which has been nice.

I only saw one train this morning and it was a unit coal train delivering coal to a nearby power plant. Coal cinders were flying off the fast moving train and you couldn’t get too close or you would choke and burn your eyes. It must’ve taken the train ten minutes to move through downtown it was so long.

My cellphone rang as I sat there waiting for more trains. It was buried in the bottom of my backpack and I hurried to get it out and answer it.

“Don’t forget to take your medications at noon,” my father told me. “Where are you? It sounds like you are outside somewhere.”

“I am sitting down here behind the bank at the tracks,” I replied.

I told him I was headed home soon anyway and would take my medications when I got back to the house. It then thundered loudly and that was my cue to head on to mi casa.

No comments: