Friday, May 18, 2018

Progress Not Perfection…

61gF9uNjVCL._SX463_

I’ve always been an all or nothing kind of guy. It’s my Achilles heel. If I can’t do it to perfection, then I won’t do it at all. I drank beer the same way. Earlier in the week, I started a new game plan called progress not perfection. This has gotten Old Fuss and Feathers very excited. I am doing one or two things a day to clean my house and get my clothes in order. Yesterday, I polished my glass top stove and scrubbed my kitchen sinks. Today, I plan on doing a load of laundry and hanging up all my clothes when they are finished drying and not letting them linger in the dryer. Tomorrow, I am mopping the tile bathroom and hall floors. We will tackle the kitchen floor at a later date. See? Progress not perfection…

The Itchy and Scratchy Show…

Itchy_&_Scratchy_logoMaggie sure has been itchy and scratchy lately. I gave the pups her flea medications on the 15th. I just got down on the floor with her and carefully looked and combed for fleas, but couldn’t find not one. It is almost like a rash as her back, the source of contention, feels very warm and feverish. She will come in the computer room every thirty minutes to an hour for a back scratch. You should see her. She is in sheer ecstasy and she can kick that back leg with the best of them. It is kind of like playing the air guitar.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

A lot easier when you don’t try to do everything all at once. Small steps.

glittermom said...

I would say she is alergic to something. She has to be miserable.

Kran's Crackers said...

A little at a time is the best way to do things. When my husband died I made up my mind to do at least two things a day, and one of them is to get up, washed and dressed. Then anything else I do is progress. I find one thing leads to another and if I don't finish everything I want to do that day...so what? It will still be there tomorrow. You'll be surprised just how much can be done a little at a time, and you don't beat yourself up over what doesn't get done.
- Sharon -