Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Big Dog is in the House…

Dad called me when the pharmacy closed and said he was going to have to take a raincheck on getting groceries last night. I got to hoping he was going to let me go solo, but alas, no go for last night. “You’re not ready for that yet”. He had a dinner date with an old classmate of his named Liz. I know Liz well and she is a very sweet lady. She is also eligible being a widow. I told my father months back that they would make a good couple. Maybe that’s why he has been going to Auburn so much lately as that is where she lives. 

Charlie stopped by last night for a short time just to see what I was doing. He brought me two regular leaded Coca-Colas and spent some time with the Magster.

“Yes, you are my pretty girl,” Charlie said over and over in baby talk to Maggie.

Maggie got to “talking” back. I love it when she does that.

It wasn’t mission critical last night. I had plenty of food except for breakfast foods. The only thing that miffed me was that I was all showered up and dressed nice last night. My father would have extremely approved. He’s always critiquing what I wear. I was all dressed up with nowhere to go is what I told Charlie. Charlie offered to take me grocery shopping last night, but I couldn’t let him go to all that trouble. That’s just the kind of guy he is. I was just glad and pleased as a peach to get the Cokes.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

You should have gone somewhere....

Jane said...

Isn't your dad gay?
I could have sworn you said he's
gay. No?