Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Itchy Scalp! Scratch! Scratch! Scratch!

“I’m probably going to spend over $100 dollars tonight,” I warned my father as we walked into Kroger tonight. “I need a mop, lots of cleaning supplies, paper plates and bowls, dandruff shampoo, and deodorant.”

“Let me get a buggy and pay for those items and you just pay for your food,” dad replied.

I gave my father a heartfelt thank you. It was worrying me to no end. I didn’t quite know how to tell him until it all blurted out.

“You’re heading in the wrong direction,” my father said at one point. “Where are you going?”

“I got turkey pepperoni by accident and that is just a travesty.”

“Don’t forget your journal writing sodas,” my father said as we both stood in line to checkout.

I grabbed two Baja Blast sodas tonight (my favorite soda). We were quickly rung up and headed out the door. I had to play bagboy tonight and handled that task with aplomb.

I still managed to spend $82 dollars on food, but dad was kind and didn’t say anything about it. $75 is supposed to be my new limit. Inflation, you know?

No comments: