Saturday, May 26, 2018

Me, Papa, and the White Truck…

Dad called me last evening and said, “Let’s go get me a TV”. Dad picked me up in his and Charlie's white truck and we headed for Walmart.

“Are you sure you can put it together?” my father asked cautiously as he drove.

“I'll have it up and running in twenty minutes top,” I proudly replied back. “I had no problem getting Charlie's TV up and running within minutes.”

Well, dad really surprised me when he bought a Samsung 55 inch 4K television.

“What does 4K mean?” he asked me on the ride back to Casa de Papa.

“That is Ultra High Definition,” I replied. “You will have to call WOW! and order additional service to be able to use it. WOW! calls it their Ultra service.”

I had dad’s TV up and running in no time. You should’ve seen how proud he was to have a working television again.

“Look at that picture,” he said. “I didn’t know what I was missing.”

I even got him hooked up to the internet wirelessly. I was amazed he knew his router’s password. He had all his passwords written down in a little notebook. Dad later told me that was my brother’s idea stealing some of his own limelight. 

Charlie was deeply sad last night, but he wasn’t about to miss the unveiling of my father’s television. He came walking in the house about 9 PM to see what was going on. I already had the television working. Charlie swore dad’s 55 inch looked better than the 65 inch TV he bought. That's just like Charlie to say so.

No comments: