Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Today’s Trackside Experience…

dog on tracks - CopyI stayed down at the tracks this morning until it started to get hot and then I headed home. I got worried about getting sunburned for the most part. I got to see two mixed freights roar through downtown highballin’. This thrilled my heart and soul.

There was a small stray mutt that came walking down the tracks at one point.

“Come here,” I said to it carefully as I whistled. “I’ve got a can of potted meat for ya.”

I opened up the can and set it on the ground a few feet from me.

The dog just barked cautiously at me and kept on truckin’. He missed out on a great Southern delicacy: pig peckers, gonads, and tripe made into an interesting smelling meaty paste. Great for crackers and right up a dog’s alley. Maggie loves the stuff as do I.

Old Fuss and Feathers would absolutely kill me if I brought another dog home to live with Maggie and me. It makes me wonder how Maggie would react and handle it. Maggie always puts on a show when Amy, the neighbor’s dog, is in the yard. Maggie wants to see her and play so badly.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

But wasn't Mags good with Carmel? You know, someone once told me, "Having one dog is a pet, having more than one becomes a chore." Something to think about...