Monday, May 14, 2018

I Hope Your Sword Strikes Truer Than Mine…

scrambled-egg-sandwich_625x350_41461313629I was up and early this morning at 8 AM. Today is hopefully the big day. I didn’t want to miss the HVAC guys laying in the bed. I scrambled my last three eggs and added the last of my shredded cheddar. I took some buttered toast and made a sandwich out of mine. It sure hit the spot. Tonight is grocery night. It is time to refill my depleted supplies and my cherished breakfast foods. I mustn't forget my cheese on wheat crackers I am so enamored with at the moment.

Maggie sat hungrily on the floor next to me. If she’s not careful, she might get a paw stepped upon. We both ate our breakfasts and I took a short cold shower. It was so chilly in here this morning that I was wearing a jacket to accompany my khaki shorts. It will quickly warm up, though. It is already 85°F outside at this early hour of the day.

“Call me when they get there,” Charlie told me shortly over the phone.

“I sure will Charlie,” I replied, glad he was in on the program.

It is almost 11 PM and they still haven’t arrived. I am starting to lose hope. We are supposed to have big storms every day the whole rest of the week – more of a summertime pattern for the South. I hope they are aware of that fact.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I hope they eventually came...your father wouldn’t have canceled the appointment would he? He’s your father and you love him. But I don’t trust him.