Saturday, May 12, 2018

It’s Charlie Time!

I’m trying a little experiment today. We are going to wait on opening up the house until the last minute. Let’s see if that keeps it a little cooler around here. It is 1 PM, 90°F outside, and my thermostat reads 77°F inside. Mrs. Minnie, dad told me last night, lived here for decades without air conditioning. That little old lady must have been made of sterner stuff than I.

Ugg, Maggie just walked by my computer desk and she smells rank like she got into something dead in the backyard. No cuddles today!

**************************************************

9mn5r3oere9mfa4umptyeh58gr0hozl“I put your Cokes and smokes on the back porch,” my father told me earlier in the day. “Charlie is stopping by with some supper and a cold Coke on his way to Horsefly’s matinee.”

“Awesome!” I said to my father. “Where are you? It sounds like you’re in a crowd."

“I am at one of the grandkids volleyball games down in Auburn,” my father replied.

“Your supper last night was delicious!” I told my father over the phone. “You know I always love your pork chops and rice. The homemade strawberry shortcake was the icing on the cake.”

“Well, I am glad you enjoyed them,” he said. “I thought they were pretty good myself.”

I hadn’t hung up the phone for 10 minutes when Charlie called.

“Just what do you want for an early supper?” Charlie asked me.

“Just whatever is easiest on you,” I replied.

“Well, I am getting you a Big Mac value meal along with your monster McCoke,” Charlie told me. “I’ll see you around 4 PM Jon-tom.”

No comments: