Friday, May 18, 2018

Surprise! It’s Charlie!

Laundry RoomMy father had to work all day and had told me he was stopping by tonight to see me and the Mags. Maggie and I were in our respective places waiting for him to arrive when this strange car pulled up. I didn’t recognize it at first until I realized it was Janice’s Altima. Maggie and I rushed to the door when I exclaimed, “Charlie’s Here!”

“Just what in the hell are you two doing?” Charlie asked facetiously.

“We are watching out for riff raff like you in our yard,” I replied.

Charlie was laughing jovially as I let him through the door. He was carrying two leaded regular Cokes and a cup of ice for me. Charlie does spoil me at times.

“Your daddy said you’ve been cleaning so I wanted to see what you have done,” Charlie told me. ”He had to go do something with the grandkids after work.”

“Well, today I washed all my clothes and hung them up in the laundry room,” I showed Charlie. “I also washed and dried Maggie’s food and water towel. It was looking worse for wear.”

“That’s a shitload of laundry you got hung up!” Charlie exclaimed. “You did that all today?”

“All today,” I replied proudly.

“Well, I’ve got to take The Fly bowling,” Charlie said. “I bet he is getting anxious sitting in the car. Love you, Jon-Tom.”

I told Charlie I loved him back and Charlie headed to Valley Bowl.

I didn’t expound upon that I showed him my sink and stove top as well.

“I cleaned the sink to the best of my ability,” I told Charlie and he got a big kick out of that line
“best of my ability”.

I also cleaned the toilet today as well and some of the mess the rats have made under my kitchen sink. I cleaned in little spurts taking time for the computer and then getting up to clean for a little while.

No comments: