Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Changing of the Guard…

downloadWell, just like that I am now in control of the Cokes and my cigarettes. I just drove over to get them and my father hit me with the good and somewhat perplexing news.

“I am going to give you a 12 pack of diet Cokes and a carton of cigarettes and you’ve got to make them last for the week,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me. “You can’t come back asking for more.”

“What brought this about?” I asked my father warily.

“I just feel you’re ready for the responsibility,” he told me. “You’ve been doing so well lately.”

I was flabbergasted. This is such a big step for me and my father as well. He’s been bringing them by the house or I would go pick them up for many years now.

“Are you still going to stop by and see me and Maggie sometimes?” I asked him.

“I sure will,” my father replied. “I’ll come by on the nights I work.”

“You know how Maggie loves you and Charlie.”

No comments: