Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Going Through the Motions…

sphericalsI yawned deeply and rubbed my eyes while Rebecca prepared my injection.

“You are still half asleep!” she told me.

“Twenty minutes ago I was asleep in the recliner in my den,” I replied. “I woke up in a panic and hurried down through the Valley. I don’t think I fell asleep until almost 2 AM last night.”

“We’ll make this quick so you can go back home and get back in the bed,” she told me.

I was very ready for my shot. It seems the first week after getting it I feel so well and then I go downhill from there. It was time for a refill of those little microsphericals that keep me going and my schizophrenia at bay.

“You still writing your journal?” Rebecca asked me quizzically as she was administering my injection.

“Usually about every day,” I replied with a wince as the needle was inserted. “It is actually quite rare that I miss a day. It is a labor of love for me. I had a rough spot about a week or two ago where I just didn’t feel like writing.”

“I just can’t write like that and I admire you for being able to do so,” She said.

Rebecca gave me a man hug and told me I was clear to go about my day. I had to see Trina for my next appointment card which she had already prepared. I headed back to the pharmacy and was soon home with my Maggie dog.

Maggie is being very needy this morning – needing her various itches scratched. I can hit a certain spot on her back and it is sheer dog ecstasy.  She is also busy tending to the neighborhood's business as well.

No comments: