Thursday, July 15, 2004

Dear Old George……

I had a hankering for a roast and some potatoes tonight. I rode my bike down to good old Piggly Wiggly. I chained my bike to the post and heard a familiar voice. It was George.

“Brotha, I need yo help.” George said as he walked up to me.

“My help? Why do you need my help?” I cried.

“Yous is my brotha and I need you to looks out for me.” George said secretly as he leaned forward to talk to me. I thought, “Bullshit!”

My mind raced with sordid details. Why does George need my help? It has to be interesting. Everything is interesting with George.

“What is this about George? I will give you five minutes to spill the beans.” I said as I pondered his next sentence.

“My car is broke down by the spectrum over by David’s automotive. I need some money for a tow truck.” George replied.

A tow truck, a fucking tow truck and he wants money out of me? I laughed to myself at him saying this.

“George how much does a tow cost?” I asked.

“Eighty bucks. I will pay you back. You has my word, my brotha.” George said.

“George I don’t have much more than twenty dollars. I damn sure don’t have eighty dollars on my person.” I said with a scoff. I was being honest. I had less than thirty bucks on my person.

George laughed nervously.

“You has the money. I knows you has it! God dammit!” George hollered back at me.

“George, you goddamned son of bitch, don’t fuck with me, I do not have that money.” I hollered back. I am tired of being manipulated.

George laughed again and told me to chill out. I am tired of being badgered for money down there. Always some black son of a bitch wants a handout and I get tired of it. It happens every time and you would think after asking 10 times and me saying no they would get the picture. No, that is not my luck. I have to put up with panhandling hell every time I want to go to the grocery store. Well, fuck them. I will not give up. They can kiss my ass and get used to the resounding word NO!

No comments: