Saturday, July 03, 2004

Yawning as I write…..

I ended up sleeping until this afternoon. I feel much better. I was having olfactory hallucinations this morning. That is were I smell strange often nasty smells were none actually exist. I kept smelling this terrible smell as if there was rotting food in my apartment. I checked the fridge and the trash can and all was on the up and up. I knew then to take some zyprexa and get some sleep. Much of my anxieties and worries were quelled by the rest. I still feel groggy as the zyprexa is so sedating but I do not want to miss my British comedies latter this evening. It is a Saturday ritual I have had for years.

I hate this disease and wish I was normal and didn’t have to deal with such things. I wish there were some form of gene therapy to fix it. My medications help a great deal but I still deal with schizophrenia from time to time. It has a way up popping up when I least need it or expect it. It often accompanies illness or stressful times.

I made some homemade lemonade and cooked some fish sticks and French fries for supper. I was hungry and had not eaten since this morning. I then got online and played a game for a bit. I am just resting and having a lazy Saturday afternoon. Even though I am not working I still treat the weekends as a holiday. It is a special time and a time for fun and relaxation. I think I will now go take some hearty draughts from my pipe and enjoy a nice cup of hot tea. I am going to sit out on the porch and watch the cars drive by and watch the sun set. I will take a good magazine to peruse. Good day and I hope all your holiday festivities are fun filled.

No comments: