Friday, July 09, 2004

Have Cap, Have tag…..

My internet connection has been down since yesterday. I wrote this yesterday and am posting this today. I finally got it back up after called tech. support.

I’ve had a good day. The cable/phone company came by. His name was Randy and he was a cool guy. They had to switch out my modem. It was a technicality because of the change of accounts. They brought the 3com “shark fin” modem. I previously had a generic Scientific Atlanta modem. My internet connection is noticeably faster. I tested my download speed at dslreports.com. Wow, what a difference. I can be a geek when it comes to computer stuff.

I rode my bike down to the Piggly wiggly to buy some stuff for supper. I bought a whole hen. I am going to boil it and make some chicken salad for sandwiches. I will boil it with salt and pepper, some onion, and some celery. I want it to have flavor. This will feed me for days at a great cost savings. I do love a good chicken salad sandwich. I also rode all the way to the farmer’s market. I wanted some fresh tomatoes and some butterbeans. The stuff from the super market never tastes as good as the farmer’s market. They also have better prices, the farmer’s market that is.

As I walked out of the Piggly Wiggly this afternoon, there stood cap with tag guy. If you have only recently read this blog then I will describe cap with tag guy. He always hangs out in front of the Piggly Wiggly everyday. He wears dark sunglasses and dons a baseball cap with the price tag dangling from it. I think he sells drugs while he leans up against the wall or sits on the bench in front of the Piggly Wiggly. Why in the hell would someone sit or stand all day in this heat in front of a grocery store? I think that is his motive.

“George has been talking about you.” He said.

Cap with tag guy rarely speaks so this intrigued me. He usually just nods hello. He is a man of few words.

“What has George been saying?” I asked back.

“George told me you were brothers who were separated at birth. He said you are his kin.” He said.

I laughed so hard at this. I was bent over I was laughing so hard. My stomach hurt.

“You realize I am white and George is black, don’t you?” I asked cap with tag guy.

“George is a crazy son of a bitch. He doesn’t know what he is saying.” He replied.

I have thought all along that George was mentally ill but this took the cake. I tried so hard to compose myself and stop laughing. This struck me as so funny for some reason. Cap with tag guy just sat there and grinned as I laughed. I decided to play along.

“You tell George his brother is looking for him. I need to ask about our mother. I seem to have two and I am confused.” I told him.

Cap with tag guy just laughed and said he hadn’t seen George all day and it was strange. George is always down at the Piggly wiggly.

I do not want to make light of George’s plight. I understand mental illness and how it cannot make sense sometimes. I will be kind to George but I will keep my distance. I am not stupid and don’t want to get caught up in any sordid affairs.

No comments: