Saturday, July 24, 2004

Now this is more like it……

This is how life should be; squabbling over inconsequential things till we get our way. :^) This is a much needed distraction. I and Alaine have been arguing all afternoon via the phone and email. She wants to go see a movie and I told her I would pay and take her. She wants a “classic” date with a meal and a movie. I don’t want to see Catwoman though and she does. It got horrible reviews that you can read here. If James Berardenelli says it sucks then I won’t see it.

I want to see spider man 2. I was a big Marvel comics fan as a youth and still have a huge collection stored away in my parent’s basement. I am going to spend a lot of money tonight on dinner and a movie and I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A MOVIE THAT SUCKS! *laughs* Especially, not if I am forking out big bucks on a frivolous expense like tonight. I, at least, want to make it worth my time.

“But I want to see Catwoman. I love Halle Berry.” Alaine whined.

“But Spiderman 2 is a good movie and it has a love story to boot.” I said.

“Can we go see Catwoman, please?” She pleaded.

Jesus Christ. I am stuck in a dilemma. She has seen the commercials on TV and I hope it is not out in the theater yet. Maybe it is still in preliminary showings for critics and big wigs.

“Let’s go grab a bite to eat and then we will decide when we get there, okay?” I replied.

“Outback? *pause* Pleasssseeeeee?” Alaine pleaded.

“Okay, okay, we can go to Outback but we can only eat a salad.” I said waiting for a reaction. The other end got really quiet. Jesus, she had to pick one of the more expensive restaurants in Auburn.

“I’m kidding. I am just kidding. You can have anything on the menu you want sweetheart.” I replied while laughing really hard. I had her going.

I need to go get in the shower and then get dressed. I am going all out tonight with my Docker khaki slacks, my nice stripped green dress shirt, and my Cole Hahn dress shoes. I am going to give her a night to remember. Maybe, just maybe, the evening will last longer than I expect. (hint, hint) I need to shut up and go get a bath. Good night for now.

No comments: