Friday, July 30, 2004

I no longer have a dog and George goes down…..

I hate to say this but I had to give the dog back. My father said he didn’t want me to have a dog in the house and I have to respect his wishes. I do not have a fence and if the dog were to run free then I would be in violation of the local leash laws.

I had a long talk with the owner yesterday and we came to a solution. I am to walk the dog everyday and make sure she has food and water. I will also poop scoop the feces off the porch. I have plenty of time and do not mind doing this. I just want that dog to have a decent life. I am afraid I have become attached to her and now feel I have a stake in her well being. I encouraged the owner to see about finding her a permanent home and he told me to keep an eye out. He would have given her to me as he said he cannot afford to keep her up. In the mean time, I will be her surrogate father.

In other news…..George got busted. Yes, there goes my blog comedy material. I don’t mean to sound callous by this but I write it just the way I see it. George was hilarious to me and his antics were amusing. I couldn’t help George and I knew trying would be fruitless. I have had my own battles with substance abuse and I now full well that only you can change you. You and only you can help you out of such a battle.

I walked down to the Piggly Wiggly this afternoon to buy, of all things, ketchup. I was out and needed some to eat some chicken nuggets I had bought a few days before. Slop was sitting outside the store on the bench as I walked up along with Cap with Tag Guy.

“Yo, white boy!” Slop said.

Cap with Tag Guy just nodded his head hello as usual.

“What’s up Slop?” I asked. I was hoping he wasn’t going to hit me up for money as usual.

“Ole George got busted last night.” Slop said with a smile on his face.

“What a friend.” I thought to myself.

“Busted for what?” I asked Slop.

“Weed, man…..fucking weed! Can you believe that?” Slop said while giggling.

“Felony or misdemeanor?” I asked back.

“Misdemeanor, I think. He should be out this afternoon if his moms can get up the bail.” Slop replied.

“That’s fucked up!” Cap with Tag Guy blurted out.

You really can’t believe what these guys tell you so I will just wait and see what happens.
George’s mom lives on her social security allotment so I doubt she can get the bail up soon unless she has some kind of means that I do not know about. It looks like George may be in jail for quite some time if what they say is true. I will let you all know what I find out and whether he gets bailed out.

No comments: