Thursday, July 01, 2004

More inebriated people…..

I hate to always talk about bad stuff lately but this is my life. I write it as I see it. I had a dentist’s appointment this morning to get my bridge fitted. This appointment has cost me $845 dollars so I didn’t want to miss it. I have already paid my bill in full. I called my mother early this morning to make sure she remembered. She was going to have to take me since my parents still do not trust me with their personal vehicles.

The phone rang many times.

“Hello?” Mom asked. She slurred the word as if she had drunk a fifth of whiskey.

“Mom, remember I have a dentists appointment this morning.” I said.

“What day is it? Is this Wednesday?” She asked.

“It is Thursday mom.” I replied.

“What time is it?” She asked with a slurred voice and repeated it to correct herself.

“It is 7 o’ clock. My appointment is a 10:20. We need to leave around ten.” I told her.

“I will pick you up at ten.” She said and then she hung up.

About two hours later the phone rang. I picked it up and it was my Father. He rarely calls me so I knew then that something was wrong.

“Something’s not right with your mother. She sounds drunk as a cooter. I need you to walk over and see about her for me.” He said. He was at work and he had called her.

“Is she taking something dad? She didn’t even know what day it is.” I replied.

“I don’t know. She is all out of whack because I will not let her ride with me on my drive to San Diego next week. She just wants to go to be pampered and t out. I have to move your brother and it will be hard work. She will just be a hindrance.” He told me.

No comments: