Thursday, July 08, 2004

Stormy Weather……

I took down my last post. I shouldn’t have put my phone number up on the internet. That was stupid. LOL! Oh well, you live and learn. If you want to talk then just fire off an email, I will send the number.

We had one hell of a storm last night. It was right at dusk. The storms just kept training over us one after the other. I haven’t seen a storm like this in a long time. It knocked out the power and I had to light candles and use my camp stove to make some coffee. The rain was torrential and just kept coming. The thunder was so loud and immediate that it shook the house. Bam! One crash after another and the lightening lit up the darkened house. It reminded me of all those mystery shows were there is always a storm going on to help build the suspense.

I did something I normally don’t do. I smoked my pipe inside. I normally sit on the porch or just step out the side door. My apartment was filled with the wonderful aroma of Sir Walter Raleigh tobacco burning. I sat in my chair by candlelight as I read a book and nursed a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. I didn’t want to go to bed with such a big event happening outside my windows. I love a good storm. I revel in it.

I finally crawled into the bed and went to sleep as the storm died down. There is nothing like the patter of rain to lull you to sleep. I awoke at 3 am to my covers all amiss. I was having a vivid dream and must have tossed and turned. I dreamed I was having a root canal by a student at a dental college. He didn’t know what he was doing and I screamed in agony from the pain every time he used the drill. I hate the dentist and have a phobia of it and this was a fitting nightmare if I have ever had one. I can have the most vivid dreams. I think my medicine or my illness affects this.

I am off to get breakfast started. I am going to fix a traditional breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, and grits. I will slice some cheddar cheese as well. I am so hungry and feel ravished. Good morning and may your day be well.

No comments: