Sunday, July 18, 2004

Just when you think you got it good, its rain and rains HARD……

I had an interesting night. I am still soaking wet. I feel asleep around dusk just as a good storm was coming up. It was a gully washer. Apparently, a seam on my cheap Wal-Mart tent had torn. I awoke to laying in a puddle and lots of thunder. It was pouring down rain and water was dripping all over me and my sleeping bag. All of my camping gear is soaking wet and weighed double hiking home this morning due to all the water. I just sat there in the puddle for what seemed like hours waiting for the storm to pass. Not fun, let me tell you. I ended up sleeping the rest of the night in a wet sleeping bag. At least I was warm.

I am going to bed. I am tired and worn out and looking forward to a nice soft bed that is dry and warm. Hell, I even turned on the Air Conditioner. I need some TLC. Good night er should I say good morning. I am confused. LOL. It was a tough night.

No comments: