Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Real Men Bare the Heat…….

Yes Sir, this is your stalwart camping buddy speaking. I am going to forego the heat and go camping. This will be a true test of manhood. Only pussies sit in the air conditioning and wait for cooler days. I am going to set out on a hike and camp till my heart’s content.

I need to get ready for the Trail. The Appalachian trail that is. I am going to have to face moments like these on my future adventures. I cannot relent and give up. I must trudge forever forward.

I have been organizing my gear this evening and getting ready. I cleaned my water filter and scalded it with hot water to kill any pathogens. I thawed out a pack of frozen wieners and some buns. Those will serve me well cooked over a hot fire tonight. Fire roasted hot dogs, yum, now folks that is living.

My radio’s batteries were almost dead so I changed them and stuck a few extra triple A cells into my backpack. I think I am ready so off I go.

No comments: