Sunday, July 25, 2004

End of the Evening and another encounter with George…..

We had a great night last night except for one thing. Note to self…..never go to the theater in a college town on Saturday night. The theater was filled with teenagers and college age students more interested in who was calling on their cell phones and making out. They were not too interested in seeing a movie and it was distracting to say the least. They were there for the “scene” and being seen. I cannot judge them too harshly though. I was that age once and I understand the mindset.

(hehe, we ended up seeing Spidey 2. After a nice meal, I pleaded with her and she gave in. No crappy Catwoman flick.)

We did go to Outback to eat and it was good. We didn’t have to wait long until the little square electronic gizmo buzzed and announced a table was ready. I had the Rock Hampton Rib eye and Alaine had some kind of Shrimp dish. I don’t eat out often and it was a real treat. It was well worth the expense. Alaine enjoyed herself and I think we both were just glad to get out and about and out of the house.

I have been lazy today. I walked down to the Piggly Wiggly to get some stuff to make a chicken casserole for supper and to eat on tomorrow as well. There was George sitting at the bench with slop and cap with tag guy.

“Whazzupppp, my brotha!!!!!” George cried out.

“Hey George. Doesn’t this heat drive you guys crazy sitting out here?” I asked.

“Ah, you gets used to it!” George said.

George got up and pulled me off to the side away from the other guys.

“I gots a proposition for yas.” George said with a lowered voice.

Here we go. I knew what was going to happen next. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a zip lock baggy full of a green/grey substance.

“Its good weed man, good stuff. Guaranteed to fuck you up. I will let you have the bag for forty. It’s a deal my brotha!” George whispered to me.

I just laughed. George is going to get busted soon and then I will not have any comedy material to write about. He is walking a very thin line and sooner or later will veer off course. The police are actively watching him.

“No thanks George. I don’t do dope. I don’t need to add to my problems.” I said as I walked away and into the store.

“You lets me know, you lets me know.” George hollered back as I walked in. He always says this after such an encounter.

Now, I am no saint. I tried weed a couple of times in college and it made me so paranoid that it was not a fun experience. I couldn’t enjoy myself and have never pursued it since. I think it has something to do with my schizophrenia. Marijuana + Paranoid Schizophrenia is not a good mix. I would be shooting myself in the foot.

No comments: