Friday, July 09, 2004

Yard work and other things…..

I cut the grass today. I have a huge yard and hate cutting the grass. It is tedious and my yard is hilly. It gets hard pushing the mower on the steep inclines and hills of my yard. I have to do this. I want to prove to my father that I am responsible and am taking care of the house I live in. I finally finished it. That last stretch is the hardest. I must push on though. I am going to help out to pay my way. It is my way of saying thanks to him. Thanks Dad for helping me find a home and letting me rent this apartment.

I called my father on his cell phone and they have made it to New Mexico. I think he said he was in Albuquerque. We talked a long time about their adventures on this trip. They have made quite some distance since Wednesday. That is the day they left Alabama. What a vast country we live in. I know how long it takes to drive long distances as a truck driver. That’s why they pay you to do such things. It is hard work and you have to fight a sometimes 80,000 pound truck.

I rode down to the spectrum on state line road to get some worms on my bike a moment ago. I am going fishing this afternoon. I am soaking wet from sweat and the humidity. That hill to my house is brutal to climb even in the lowest gear on my bike. My bike has a “granny” gear for climbing tough inclines. Most good mountain bikes have this. You crawl along pumping away at the pedals but at least you do not have to walk. It is slightly faster than a walk.

No comments: