Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The Dog Days Of Summer……

Man, is it hot here. My thermometer shows an outside temperature of 98 degrees. It is blistering and stifling. I am safely sequestered in my apartment today. No outside for me. I was considering going camping but I think I will just stay home. On days like today the temperature will stay high even until late at night. I don’t want to sweat my ass off in a sleeping bag tonight.

I was going to have to drive to the airport in Atlanta and pick up my father but he called to say he had a ride. My sister-in-law’s mother left her car at the airport for them to drive home. I am relieved. I hate the traffic in and around the airport.

I walked down to the Piggly Wiggly earlier. I didn’t feel like riding my bike. George was out there as usual. Cap with Tag Guy was leaned against the coke machine next to the automatic doors.

“No bike today?” George asked.

“Nope, I decided to walk. I am being lazy.” I replied.

As we were talking I saw a car slowly creep up to the sidewalk beside us. George started to stutter. It was the police. I said hello to the officer and he just nodded back.

“George, you staying out of trouble?” The police officer asked.

“Yes sir, I, I, I, am not doin anything, I mean anything wrong.” George stammered.

“I have told you about hanging out here, haven’t I? We think you are up to something.” The police officer stated.

“No sir, o, o, o, old George is on the, the, the up and up.” George muttered.

“Well, we are watching you. You better be on the up and up.” The police officer followed.

This was my cue to leave. I do not want to be associated with shady types. The last thing I want is to be on a police man’s watch list. I told George and the police officer good day and walked home.

No comments: