Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Car Down…

As of midnight tonight, George had yet to figure out what was wrong with his car much to my amusement. I now know what to do the next time he is drinking and I don’t want him to drive.

“You sure you don’t know what’s wrong with my car?” He asked when he called me this evening.

“I have no idea what’s wrong with your car,” I replied as I once again lied trying to choke back a laugh of amusement.

George did finally walk to Pookie’s house like the rest of us. The urge to drink and play poker overcame his inhibitions about being seen walking through town. Hell, George doesn’t even have a driver’s license these days. He needs to be walking.

I and Carolyn somewhat made up this evening. She came over and spent some time with me and actually acted like a civil human being for a change and not some jealous monster. I am so jaded and cynical about the whole affair these days though. I could care less if we stay together or just break up. Once bitten, twice shy as they say. I have seriously toyed with the idea of us just taking a break and we all know what that means.

I once again couldn’t sleep tonight. I hiked from midnight to 3 A.M hoping it would lull me to sleep. No joy. I am still wide awake. It was a brutally cold night by the way. It seems winter has arrived in earnest. I had bundled up in some pretty warm clothes and still got cold despite my vigorous pace of walking.

Well, let me get to working on rebuilding my blog archives and then, hopefully, that will put me to sleep. I long for the bed and wish I could just melt into my warm covers and sleep for days.

4 comments:

Summer said...

You're a true friend to George, not allowing him to drink and drive. Is it safe for you to walk around town in the middle of the night? You know I have to worry about you just a little!

Anonymous said...

did you catch any of the leonid meteor shower while you were out?

-wv

Andrew said...

Summer,

It is no more dangerous than walking in the day.

Anonymous,

I forgot all about the meteor shower last night. It slipped my mind.

Summer said...

Good! I don't sleep a lot either and to get up and walk would be a wonderful reprieve from my tossing and turning, but I don't feel safe. I'm glad you have that security. I can't wait until you get your camera and can show us all of the wonderful sights you see. I hope tonight is different for you. Sweet dreams.