Tuesday, November 21, 2006

New Home Update…

It seems everyone is getting a new home these days around here. We got Ferret comfortably moved into Monte’s house so he is no longer homeless. I then drove him down to Wal-Mart to buy some sheets, pillows, and a warm comforter for his single bed in his new room. He seemed very pleased with his new accommodations. “Just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas,” I thought as I helped him put the sheets on his new, soft, and warm bed. I was just tickled pink to see him so upbeat and happy. His mood has been absolutely dour these past few weeks. Sitting out in winter’s cold living in a tent will certainly put a damper on your mood if you are not a camping fanatic like me.

I then drove over to my new house to check on the new roof the workers were putting on. They had finished the work and I now have a brand new roof upon my new humble abode. They are also almost finished with my laundry/utility/smoking room as well with only the stairs and the backdoor to add. I so wish I had my camera early so I could take some pictures and put them up to share. Things are looking great and I am on track to be moved in around the New Year. If you have been reading my journaling for a long time (years), then you know this has been one helluva long, drawn out process. I thought getting a new home would never come to fruition due to a lack of funds and various setbacks.

Christmas is going to be very nice this year because of this gift from my father. My mortgage is paid off. I have lots of nice furniture that was once my grandmother’s. I will even have a brand new dishwasher, stove, fridge and also a used set of a washer and dryer my brother and his wife are giving me. It is hard to believe that three Christmases ago my home was a tent in the woods over in Waverly, Alabama and my family was barely even talking to me and actively shunning me. I can’t wait to move in and will often just drive the short distance over there to walk around inside and outside to admire my new house. It will certainly get you into the Christmas spirit.

9 comments:

fiwa said...

Oh good, so happy to hear that good news about Ferret. Your post about finding him crying was heartbreaking.

Hope you get to enjoy your new home soon.

Andrew said...

fiwa,

Seeing Ferret in that predicament the other day kind of urged me into action last night. My friend Di also got me to thinking there had to be something I could do without hurting Ferret’s very prescient pride. When Ferret sobered up, he was not much of one for handouts. The solution to his homeless dilemma was sitting right in front of us all this time with Monte’s room for let. George has a tendency to bullshit a lot and I thought he was joking about his cousin having a room to let despite his numerous boasts about it. Thank you for the well wishes.

Kristen said...

Great news for you both. Best wishes!

Claudia said...

It sounds like it's already a very good holiday season for you and Ferret. How exciting about your new house!!

Annabel said...

I am so happy and excited for you. It is a wonderful thing to have a brand new home. If you need any help painting/wallpapering... let me know... I'm an expert!
You are such a kind person to take care of Ferret like that. That's why I admire you so much... you have such a big heart.

Holly said...

It must be wonderful to have your own place. Congratulations!! I still lease and hope to own something in the next few years as well. I look forward to seeing the photos at some point.

I also think its commendable what you have done for Ferret. Jonathon, you have a good heart.

abbagirl74 said...

It's not hard to believe. Good things happen to good people.

'I believe that my life's going to see the love I give returned to me.'

- John Mayer
Wheel

austere said...

Congratulations.
Must be so- well- centering to see one's home in this way, no? A roots and belonging and mine kind of a way.

May the next year be great, and may you quickly get that canon so i can see photos.

Summer said...

This makes me happy. Since Santa hasn't gotten here yet with your camera, can you describe the house to us? And your yard?