Friday, November 03, 2006

After a Dinner Date…

My lasagna last night turned out great and was delicious. I make it from my mother’s recipe by memory. I fiddled around on the computer for awhile after dinner while Carolyn watched TV. Carolyn did buy a silk slip and looked oh so gorgeous in it last night when we went to bed. She was so tired so we ended up just going to bed and we talked for a while over the soft glow of candle light as we held each other. I was pretty bushed as well. No hanky panky occurred. We are getting old.

I awoke early this morning to the light of dawn to find Carolyn getting dressed. She looked over at me and smiled gently.

“Hun, I’ve got to go to work, but I have the whole weekend off,” She told me quietly in the muted light of first daylight in my bedroom. “I want to spend it with you.”

I watched as she walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead.

“I love you doll,” She said looking at me. “You are a special man.”

“I love you too,” I replied as I reached out for her hand. “You are a wonderful woman and mean the world to me.”

I heard my back door shut and Carolyn crank up her car and drive off. I lay in the bed for the longest time thinking of her and me longingly. I wish she didn’t have to work and we could spend all our time together. I have often toyed with the idea lately of getting her to move in with me when I move into my new home. I want all my mornings to be like this one.

5 comments:

gregoire5 said...

Nice!!!!!!!!

abbagirl74 said...

So, you did some cooking while I have been away. It seems as though all of the cookin' didn't stay in the kitchen. That's good. I missed you.

becky said...

I'm so happy for you and Carolyn. It sounds like it was a marvelous evening and the weekend should be great. You deserve it.

Summer said...

First thing in the morning, I get my coffee, prop up in bed and turn to your blog. I love your stories about your travels, food, rants, raves and Carolyn.

I know you have your rough times, but I do feel that you are on your way to a good, happy and fulfilling life. How could you not be with your wisdom and insight?

I hope that you and Carolyn have a great weekend.

I'm almost at the point of asking her to move in with me! Ha!

Be sweet.

Wilderness Artist said...

I am new to blogging and found your site through the random update list. Amazing. Twice now I have clicked on sites that pertain to things in my life ... in this case: the Appalachian Trail, camping, hiking, schizophrenia, and love of writing.

I will visit again.