Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Homecoming…

I went and picked George up this morning from county jail. One of the deputies knew my father and let me in the back where they process prisoners. They brought George out in his bright orange jumpsuit and made him change into his street clothes in a room to the side. George came out grinning furiously as I signed a form giving him back all his personal affects.

George’s first request as we drove out of Lafayette was to buy him a six pack of ice beer and some cigarillos. I swung into the convenience store handing him ten dollars. George came walking back out with a six pack of Milwaukee’s Best Ice Beer and a pack of cherry hinted cigarillos with the biggest, goofiest grin on his face. He was so glad to be out of jail.

I then took George home to his mother. Mrs. Jones was overjoyed to see him. She gave him the biggest hug and welcomed him back into her home. I don’t know what George is going to do for money. His license is revoked and his taxi service is dead in the water. His mother doesn’t have a lot of disposable income as well being on social security. George always has a way of finding a way to make ends meet though. Now is the time to do so if ever there was any.

6 comments:

gregoire5 said...

About your audio-blog content :

anytime you feel like talking with some friend, and I know you have plenty but just in case, you can e-mail me (gregoire5@free.fr) or reach me on skype with my skype name:

laurentgregoire

I had a shitty week last week... your audio blog reminded me of it... then it changed, this week is a good one. Remember : no matter how you feel at one point, that doesn't change what a great guy you are and what we, your friends, think of you.

we are with you, not judging, only appreciating, enjoying what you want to share with us.

We're with you!

Friendly feelings!

Laurent

Julie said...

I always feel a littl intrusive reading other people's blogs, but that's why they're there right? Anyway, after reading some of your blogs, souns like you have a big heart; good luck with your journeys in life. If you don't mind, I'll add you to my prayer list!

m said...

George is lucky to have you as a friend.

abbagirl74 said...

George is seriously lucky to have you. Hopefully he won't be relying on you all of the time. I know that you know when to draw the line.

di said...

Please tell George I said Welcome Home!

******* said...

Hot damn.....George is t and about
I'll bet he stoked you where there to meet him. Can't wait for you to share his stories.
P.S. glad to hear you started reading R.C
Craig.