Friday, November 24, 2006

A Helping Hand is a Good Hand…

I called my psychiatrist’s emergency contact number. Within minutes, she had called me back.

“Doc, I need some help,” I said. “I have had the worst paranoia and am not sleeping these days.”

“How long has this been going on?” She asked in her heavy East Indian accent.

“Almost three days now,” I replied.

“You should have called me as soon as it started to happen!” She told me excitedly with almost a berating tone to her voice.

“I know,” I replied. “I just didn’t want to ruin your holidays with work.”

“Is your father at home?” She asked tersely. She is such a matter-of-fact lady.

“Yes ma’am,” I replied.

“I am calling him now and we will get you something that will let you rest,” She said. “Always call my emergency number if you have problems like this.”

“Thank you Doc,” I replied as I began to hang up the phone. “Thank you so much.”

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am so glad to hear this. I hope you will sleep much better in the days to come. We would not want Annable to have to rough you up :) he, he.

austere said...

This is good news.